I have read the story making the rounds on the social media concerning an alleged case of certificate issues involving the AKwa Ibom State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate in the 2023 Gubernatorial elections, Pastor Umo Eno.
Even though the case is already in court and thus is subjudice, I, however, wish to make the following declarations:
1. My name is Ekan Johnson Ekong, and I am a Nurse Practitioner ( NP) based in Minnesota , the United States of America
2. I know Pastor Umo Eno, very well. We both attended Victory High School, Ikeja
3. He was the Senior Prefect, ( 1980-81)
4. I took over from him, as the Senior Prefect( Boys, 1981-82) upon the successful completion of his secondary school education
5. Senior Prefects were given to the most academically outstanding, morally upright and integrity- laden students, and “ Senior Umo” as we used to call Pastor Umo, then, exemplified these nobles virtues
6. That, it is shocking and utterly malicious for anyone to question his secondary school credentials. Victory High School, was, and I believe, still a tight- knit community of dedicated students who, today, are adding value across different professions across the globe
7. I urge the members of the public to disregard and dismiss this vicious and vile attempt to besmirch the sterling character and integrity of an outstanding ex- student who has brought us great pride for what he has achieved in the private sector, and is poised to achieve too, in the public sector as the Incoming Governor of AKwa Ibom State, come next year.
Ekan Johnson Ekong, writes from Minnesota, USA